Audition Workshops – Ace your Audition!
Every one is nervous about auditioning. You put yourself out there and hope for the best. It’s not an easy task for anyone, whether or not you are on either side of the director’s table. This workshop is to ease your mind, give you a chance to get feedback and to audition in front of a panel and a room of your pears.
Here are things we will be covering:
- A Mock audition, dance call, singing, cold reads and monologues: with notes: things to work on.
- How to pick an audition song and or monologue.
- The dos and don’ts of headshots and resumes.
- Your best foot forward, How to dress and how to get noticed.
- What directors think?
- How to prepare for everything else. (Doing your research on the show and the panel)
Note: We must have 10 participants for the workshop to take place.
Please be prepared to:
- Sing a song that is appropriate for your vocal range. (Please bring sheet music in the right key for the accompanist)
- You may prepare to do a monologue if you wish. But you do not have to. This section of the audition will be optional.
- To move/dance.
- Do a cold read.
To register for this workshop please send an email to Jennifer Fontaine at email@example.com and mail a cheque payable to ASNY at 1261 Campeau Cr. Rockland ON K4K 1B5 or personally hand it to Jennifer Fontaine during an ASNY class.
2019 Adult Summer Musical Theatre Intensive
Ain’t Seen Noth’n Yet Inc. is looking for adult performers, who are interested in participating in a summer program like none other; where fun is our number one priority! Participants will learn aspects of the performing arts in a loving environment with like-minded people who are young at heart.
For four days, August 8th to the 11th; ASNY will be providing music theatre workshops from seasoned professionals. Our workshop weekend will conclude with an outdoor picnic event for family and friends.
ASNY is looking for artists who would like a hands-on learning experience in the performance world. This program is meant to be a fun experience for all.
All participants must be 18 years of age and up to participate in this program. All levels of experience are welcomed!
This years event will take place at Tucker House Renewal Centre: 1731 Tucker Road, Rockland ON, K4K 1K7.
Where we can eat, sleep and play for 4 days!
Space is limited as there is a maximum of people that can sleep at Tucker House Renewal Centre.
Areas of concentration
- Private voice lesson
- Group ensemble work
- Song study
- Singing with tracks vs. singing with a live musician
- Working with an accompanist
- Basic music theory and ear training
- Scene/Monologue study
- Dissecting themes of scenes
- Character exploration
- Objectives, sub-objectives and goals
- Open and closed positions
- Physical exercises
*Some classes subject to non-mandatory status.